Wednesday, December 7

What's goin' on

Whew, this working 8 hours a day like a normal human being is taking it out of me, I'll tell ya. How do you people do it?

Other than work, there are a few other things going on: I am seriously considering buying what were called "roller skates," back in the 1800's when I was coming up and and are now apparently termed "quad skades" on which to scoot to work. Now, if they were still "roller" skates, I would understand that any of you who might see my almost-forty year-old self on my way downtown might get quite a chuckle out of it. But on "quad" skates, I am sure I will be the fleet embodiment of kewl, so no honking and pointing, now.

Also in the works is a serious plan to take a week-long canoe trip to the Boundary Waters/Quetico area in summer, 2007. I know that seems like a long way off, but there's a lottery system for permits, and the window on getting in on that for 2006 has already closed. We plan on driving up there, which is a fantastic trip in itself, so we also need the time to come by a car that is worthy of the trip. Oh, and I also need as much time as possible to get my self worthy of such a trip, too. Not in the best of shape, your wanna-be quad-skating author.

Scott and I are thinking about taking another couple with us. Do you know how difficult it is to come up with a pair who can withstand the drive, the canoeing, the portaging, and the punning with us that this will entail? And who will still be an item in 2007? We can only think of one possibility, so here's my invite, Carla C. If you read this before I see you again, email me and let me know if you're up to it.

For everyone else, please be kind to the little lady on wheels when you run across see her.



<< Home

©2005 TC Byrd - All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?