Monday, October 3

Hog Bustin' and stuff

It's Smokey the Goddamned Interactive Bear. This is a heavily interactive site that works. It's cheesy, aimed at kids, and it's from the gov'ment, but I have to say: It never crashed my computer and I may have learned something. (Though not a damn thing about alternative energy.)--Via

Meanwhile, I love Andy Rooney, but are we really spending $5.6 billion a month in Iraq? Honey, I know we're foolish, but that can't possibly be true.*

However, it does make a good lead-in to my joke of the month:

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing.

He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!" Bush begins to cry.

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President gathers his composure, and looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

(thanks to Dave Tisdale and Fired up Missouri)

*Addendum: just because I don't want something to be true doesn't mean it ain't, apparently. See The Daily Kos and the Congressional Budget Office Analysis for fiscal year 2004.

Several hours later: I am abashed at my own naivete in this post, but $5.6 billion just seemed so. . .so. . . BIG! Good grief!

/too busy blogging about cats to have noticed these things.



<< Home

©2005 TC Byrd - All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?