Sunday, August 28

So, what ARE people thinking?

Just got back from the workplace--they have come to their senses and are trying to batten down the building. All to no avail, I suspect. We just picked up the CPUs and covered everything with thin plastic. This on the 3rd floor. Well, at least they did something, pointless as it was.

Meanwhile, there is a Part-tay going on in the Big Easy. Here's a story about folk's attitudes down there. My favorite quote? "Down the street [Bourbon Street!!], psychic Jackie Wilson waited for customers at a card table, advertising "Free sample readings." What's the opposite of psychic? You know--can't see the things that the average guy can. I feel badly for folks who simply cannot leave and tourists who are stuck there, but my God, people. I have heard newscasters stating there may be more than 10,000 people dead in New Orleans by the end of this.

Here in Hattiesburg, it is becoming cloudy and blustery. I have seen no birds or squirrels all day, and typically we are overrun with the critters.

I'm going to try to nap for a time and hope to wake up to a new, better reality.



<< Home

©2005 TC Byrd - All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?