Wednesday, June 29

Some Advice?

I am fortunate enough to have a significant other who will read to me and has a good reading voice, as well. This reminds me of camping with my father, who read Huck Finn to me, in dialect, many times on those trips. I love to read and I read a book about every two days, but there is something different, and special, about the experience of being read to.

Right now, we are reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, which is a good book, though not the best for out-loud reading. I picked it because I didn't think that he would pick it up on his own, but he just finished and liked the very interesting science fiction book, The Speed of Dark, which also focused on a character with Autism.

My question is this: Do you have any advice on books that lend themselves to be read out loud? I have tried searching the internet for a list of such books, but all I come up with is children's lit. (I refuse to believe this is because I am an odd person with an odd request.) Help me out; we are almost done with our current selection.



<< Home

©2005 TC Byrd - All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?