Sunday, October 30

This link's for you

I had a silly idea for a meme today, so let's give it a whirl, shall we? Below are the names of ten folks who I suspect are lurking around on Hattie's Blog, along with a link or two that I hope they will find particularly interesting or pointed. Not everyone below blogs, but if you find yourself mentioned and have a blog, why don't you pick ten of your peeps and do the same for them?

1. Walley/Bert, a sick genious and graphic arist extrordinare, might be interested in the Church Marketing Sucks site. They have a good article on the evil that is Comic Sans. This is actually quite a good site with a take on churchy-stuff one doesn't often hear here in the deep south.

2. Mark B and furry friend Newton, step right up for Flying cats #1 and Flying cats #2.

3. Keith L., who has an eagle eye for the spelling error, I'll tell ya, needs to check out the helpful Center for Writing's list of no-nos.

4. Dead Pan Ann, whom I affectionately call my "grammar nazi" friend, will enjoy the previous link, and I hope she also gets a kick out of this The Angry Flower. (By the way, Ann, according to this quiz, I am Grammar God!
a GRAMMAR GOD!
Congratulations! If your mission in life
is not already to preserve the English tongue,
it should be. You can smell a grammatical
inaccuracy from fifty yards. Your speech is
revered by the underlings, though some may
blaspheme and call you a snob. They're just
jealous. Go out there and change the world.
--brought to you by Quizilla)

5. Crotchety, but loveable DSMars might enjoy some paintings inspired by Frank Zappa.

6. Greggie-tha-pooh, who has his hormones firmly in hand, should check out the freaks, geeks and girls in glasses of Nekkid Nerds. But unless you run your own business, like Greggy, you should probably wait until after work to view this (pay, with some nekkid freebies) site. (Sorry if this site is old news to ya, Greg. I know Suicide Girls is. . . .)

7. For Alphabitch, I present a clever little article from Stay Free Magazine. I can't remember where I saw this link and can only hope it wasn't originally at Alphabitch. :)

8. Anne Arkham, whose tagline reads "art. humor. larceny." should be interested in this article about female hackers. And perhaps she also might enjoy the MUM site. (Warning, not suitable for young men who are easily squicked out by natural lady-type body functions.)

9. Proud new papa Dr. Max puts me in mind of my favorite all-time Dave Barry column about his daughter, Sophie. And a great daddy blog, if you are into that kinda thing, is Velcrometer.

10. Finally, Magnus in Sweden! Married to a sweet Japanese lady and a huge fan of Sumo wrestling, here is your link: Sumo blog. Here's a translation of his latest post for those of us who don't read Japanese and are sadly without a Japanese wife.

This took me a surprisingly long time (though that may not be apparent), but I really enjoyed doing it. Even though it may not be the Best.Meme.Ever, (or even The.Most.Original.) I made it up! I hope the victims enjoyed it, and the rest of you guys, too.



<< Home

©2005 TC Byrd - All Rights Reserved

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?